wow, i've read 4 blogs today n they all revolve around food! Bea wrote abt philly cheesecakes, Fely is having a serious chocolate meltdown, escape has gone on a pizza rampage and the most shocking of all is doria is now popping pills for high blood pressure due to yummy food overload!!! Aiyahkahrambahhhhhhhh!!!
It's amazing what a hold food has on us and it always brings back my uncle's voice in my head as he said this when i was still a kid... "Do you eat to live or live to eat?" No doubt we the new and more affluent generation are connoisuers of the greatest commodity: Food oh Glorious Food. However, i think it's about time we all took a step back and reassessed our eating habits.
A cyclist friend of mine said that losing weight is a simple mathematical equation. less input, more output. simple as that. in other words, portion control n execise!!!
Ok.. so i propose we go NOT go on a DIET, but wholeheartedly undertake a LIFESTYLE PARADIGM SHIFT! Shall we call it the Breakfree Diet? Ok.. these r MY rules, you may adopt or adapt to suit your own needs...
Objective: Be fitter n healthier n make better food choices in life.
Target: firmer, leaner body n hopefully the weight loss will sort itself out. (
1. give up meat when you are feeding yourself either at home or when you eat out.
2. you can still eat meat when someone else is paying or providing as in they 'treat' or 'spend' you (haha what a malaysian term that is!) or you're at a party or 'kenduri' lah!
3. eat as much veg as you like but with tiny portion of rice or carbs, consider the difference between a) eating veg with rice or b) eating rice with veg (u should be opting for (a) cos rice should be more of a side dish than the main staple)
4. replace protien cravings with eggs or tofu where possible.. or hv a small piece of meat so u dont die craving but save it for the LAST bite!
5. and it's OK to have a slip-up once in a while.. life is not a prison state u know! just remember to spread the fat: if u r eating a slice of cake say, get a friend to eat the other half or give it to your kids. think PORTION CONTROL!!
6. my doc says 30 mins sweating n laboured breathing a day, 6 days a week for a healthier you. so find something u like doin n do it intensively for 20 if not 30 mins a day.. copulation counts as a physical fitness activity too! LOL
Anyway, you can all help by adding more rules/tips/guidelines by commenting here and i'll compile the Breakfree Diet n post it on Facebook.. lol.. maybe it will get so famous everyone will be doin it just like the Atkin's diet.. hehehehehehhe! but at the end of the day, i'm hoping our quality of life will improve after this..n we will break free from all health n weight woes! To enjoying life to its fullest in the healthiest state, come raise your glass with me n cheers!